Tuesday, February 21, 2012

There's definitely more to life than religion (by Slim Khezri)


There's definitely more to life than religion, fancy terms like "COEXIST" are unrealistic and is nothing more than wishful thinking. I had been to a lot of places and seen how different people do things. I believe that there is no absolute truth or morality. If I kill a mouse in your kitchen, is that a moral thing to do? How do we prove (or disapprove) that life is an illusion? If God is omnipotent, can he create a rock that he cannot lift? Religion can act as a discipline to enhance our abilities (meditation, exercises etc), to promote spiritual well-being (meditation and prayer) and to unify and organize the masses (religious institutions, laws etc ) ... Religion and faith is there to give us hope, God above all (no matter what Religion), should be about love and comfort and NOT about fear. There are many things wrong, with all Religions, and there are unfortunately many out there using this against the uneducated, desperate and the poor. Religion is about truth and morality. Truth and morality? truth and morality according to who ? proper way of life ? proper according to who ? Conflicting religious philosophies can create friction in couples but even more so between families and entire societies.

Not a make or break issue but something to consider anyway. We are humans, so we still have to do things that humans do, regardless of religion. Our lives are about circumstances, chances, situations, emotions and thought, it is fair to say impossible to live by a "book", religion may be an instruction booklet to help, but won't solve any of your miseries reality. So yes, religion should not have total control over our lives. Everyone is free to believe whatever they want and I don't want to interfere with it but I ask Religious individuals not to impose their beliefs on me or anyone else, unless asked to do so. I don't live for religion, I live for life !!!

As a Tunisian for example, I feel nothing but disappointment and sadness for the failure of that country, people over there naively, thought by getting rid of a Dictator, life will be better ..and to make matters worse, they elect a Religious party into Government, seems ridiculous beyond believe. The problem with these radical islamists, is that they are so backward on every aspect of life.. so wrong, that their actions are more of a turn off too many (who might honestly interested in Faith), it certainly makes me run away as far as possible. I have never in my life ever questioned religion or god.. never in my life, and now after years of soul searching, being much more aware and mature, by connecting the dots, an open minded approach and a clearer sight, I find myself curious, asking and questioning more than ever, and that is not the result of Christians, Jews, Atheists or anyone else, it's the result of the so called Muslim movement, which makes me puke every time I see, read or hear from them. I've been traveling all my life, all over the world, and I never felt comfortable around my own so called people or "Muslim" brothers, I think it's very sad. Christians, Jews or anyone else never attacked nor judged me, I never had any religious or racial problems, but these people (so called "Muslim brothers") seem to interfere all the time, they seem angry, aggressive and complaining non stop about their rights and equality and I know it's a shtick, they don't care either but they are happy to play and use the same weapons, the west created against them to bring them on to their knees, it's different kind of terrorism, a new and improved "jihad".

They want salafism, sharia law and more .. this has nothing to do about Islam or God, it's about power and world domination, but yet their actions remind me of inquisitions in the Dark Ages, if that is true Islam, the true 100% teachings of the prophet, god and religion, the way it's meant to be, then very well.. I don't wanna be part of this .. not for one minute longer!

No comments: